Glan yr Afon Road,
Trelogan, Nr. Holywell,
Volunteer Kennel Assistant
- Cleaning kennels and other areas: – an essential part of infection control
- Collecting and delivering soiled bedding to the laundry as early as possible
- Assisting with exercise, socialisation and enrichment of the dogs
Drying off wet dogs
- Food preparation under supervision when experienced
- Washing up after feeding
- Ensuring every dog has clean drinking water
- Basic dog training under supervision
- Reporting any faulty equipment
- Reporting any signs of sickness or injury
All work would be alongside full-time staff members as part of a team. You need to be passionate about dogs and have some experience with them, plus be willing to learn under supervision.
The kennel staff know the dogs and can guide you as you learn.
Reports to: Kennel Supervisor